Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you label them disk 1, disk 2, etc as the program said to do when you made them? Put disk 1 in the computer. Power up and tap F9 to get a boot menu. Select the DVD drive as the boot medium. Follow screen prompts to recover to factory condition. You are lucky you have the disks...most people never bother to make them or lose them. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Your screen shot is really hard to read. What is it you want to do? 

HP Recommended

Thanks  for   interest.

I have hard disk with 5 partitions as :-

- SYSTEM   199 MB  primary partition 

- C:                79.08 GB Boot , page file , primary

- 😧                367.90 GB Logical Drive

- Recovery (E:)   14.62 GB Logical Drive

- Hp_Tools (F:)   3.9 7 GB Primary partition

I  need  to   make  the  Recovery   (E:)   as active partition    to   fix   Recovery F11  problem which  help  me to recover   my  windows.

HP Recommended

You do it from the elevated (administrative) command line using the diskpart command:

https://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldr/markingpartitionactive.htm

Not sure why the primary boot partition is only 80 gigs and you have a 370 gig data partition. Seems like somebody has already been in there poking under the hood. 

If your laptop was delievered with say Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 and was upgraded to Windows 10 it is likely the recovery partition was borked and will not work even if you set it active. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

you     mean  that   Recovery partition  will  not  working  even   i  turned it to primary ???

if   i have 4 Cds  of Recovery  ,  can   i  go   to   recover   my  windows ????

HP Recommended

Yes why bother with all this hard work if you can just use the restore disks? They will put the recovery partition back in place and otherwise make the laptop just as it was when you opened the box. Same thing as the F11 routine. 

Still you did not answer whether it was ever upgraded to Windows 10? 

HP Recommended

F11    dosent    work  again  on my machins   ,  also  i  tried   your  method to convert recovery partition to active  and  not work

HP Recommended

And I warned you it might not, right? And I asked you a question you still have not answered. Did it ever have Windows 10 on it? 

HP Recommended

yes    

i   upgraded    my   original    windows7   to   10    but   not   working   and  since    5  months   ,   i tried  go   back   to   the   original   one    but   not   working  until   now   , i really   want  get back  my  original   one .

HP Recommended

I figured. Use the restore disks. Once upgraded to Windows 10 the F11 recovery method is rendered useless. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.