Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

does downgrading void my warranty (laptop came with windows 11) do i also keep my drivers that came with the laptop

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

hardware and software warranty are two different things
be aware that the software warranty is very short
so if you have a hardware problem, then the warranty should not be voided
Only in case of failure windows 11 will definitely be reinstalled..
Windows 10 may not be better for your computer!
I don't quite understand your driver question!
But I advise you to make a complete image of your windows 11 system before trying windows 10!

with acronis / macrium type software

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

hi! for the drivers i mean do i keep the hp drivers that were preinstalled 

and im downgrading because i have issues with windows 11 such as the taskbar not working and settings not opening. ive already tried to fix this using microsoft support but it did not work.

do you think its best to reinstall windows 11 (i dont know how to, and note i cant use settings) or downgrade to windows 10

HP Recommended

If you installed windows 10, you will certainly need to install the windows 10 drivers
If windows 11 is original pre-installed, you can't downgrade to windows 10 simply, it's normal, you need to use windows 10 installation media

I am one of the first to dissuade people from installing windows 11 if the computer is not compatible!
Personally, I can't find anything better in Windows 11, but I don't have all the features!
But going back to windows 10 if you have original windows 11, then I would rather say the opposite, better to stay with windows 11 except in very special cases...
Nothing says that your computer will run better!
Your problem doesn't seem like a good reason to me, even though you've tried a few things
I think it would be better to try to fix this before trying a reinstall
Have you tried to create a new user account, does this solve a lot of problems of this type?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ive tried pretty much all the methods ive been told to (including that one) ive been trying to fix it for a while and now i think its time to reinstall or downgrade.

do you have a link to reinstall windows 11 that i could use that will hopefully fix the problems

HP Recommended

ok

maybe not worth starting all over again although it works in general, curious

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/My-Start-Menu-Search-bar-Settin...

for recovery check all

How to reset your computer to factory settings (Windows 11, 10)

Software recovery options (Windows 11 and Windows 10)

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.