Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP steam notebook 11-015na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I did a restore on my computer, I've not been able to store file history on the SD Card (D drive). The error message I get is '0x80028ca0 mismatch'.  Any help that is forthcoming, would be of immense help as file history is, in the meantime, being stored on the C drive!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks very much, at least I now know what the Error Code 0x80028CAO  is!  (Type Mismatch).     The next problem is.....where do I go in order to help fix it?  I would not be bothering you if it were not for having more than a rudimentary knowledge of this sort of thing.  This whole episode stems from Backing Up this HP computer and, continually getting the same notification that "We have found Errors and Faults have been found on your D drive" and, being warned it needs Scanning and Repairing. ( D drive id used for back up , as advised by HP).  This computer is an Energy Star HP Stream Notebook 11-d015( which, in my humble opinion, is   a cracking piece of kit for the price).  Thanks again for the info. Rich.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@richbroome

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you aren't able to copy the file history into the SD card since the recent system restore,

I'd be happy to help, although, I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Why exactly are you saving the file history (in fact which file history are you referring to)?

The error message you've captured is either related to the Windows Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) error codes & this is all I could find about the error message, click here

Why was the restore attempted (Any other issues you've been troubled with)?

Eager to help,

Reply for more assistance,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for being so tardy with my response and, the lack of a more detailed Q.                                                                                               The problem is with "D" drive which is where the Back Up/File History  is stored (As stated in the instructions I received with the Netbook). "D" being the 32MB HDMC Card which is the cause of the  continual  notifications that there are Errors and, need to Scan and Repair. Tapping for more details up comes the Event Viewer and, being a "non-tech" , I'm at a complete loss.  Also as requested, the reason for me restoring the machine.  Well, "C" Drive was getting rather full so,  I reckoned a restore to the basics was called for, giving me the opportunity to be more selective in what I downloaded.              I don't know if that is enough info. but, it all boils down to those notifications about errors/ the number of scan/repairs I get.                         Many thanks, all the best           RWB.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

HP Recommended

Hi @richbroome,

I reviewed the post. I'll gladly assist you. Please try the system restore (if that's what you referring to) again back to  a time before the first restore *which caused this error) and check how that goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@richbroome

Please let me know if you need any further assistance,

If any of the above solutions helped, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted as solution button,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! 
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much, at least I now know what the Error Code 0x80028CAO  is!  (Type Mismatch).     The next problem is.....where do I go in order to help fix it?  I would not be bothering you if it were not for having more than a rudimentary knowledge of this sort of thing.  This whole episode stems from Backing Up this HP computer and, continually getting the same notification that "We have found Errors and Faults have been found on your D drive" and, being warned it needs Scanning and Repairing. ( D drive id used for back up , as advised by HP).  This computer is an Energy Star HP Stream Notebook 11-d015( which, in my humble opinion, is   a cracking piece of kit for the price).  Thanks again for the info. Rich.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.