Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP mini 110-1150NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Error message 0xc000000f, boot selection failed b/c required device inaccessible. Running an HP mini 110-1150NR. Please let me know what the steps are to repair or any other information. Please advise. Thank you. No recent changes to hardware or software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kahinakea wrote:

Someone gave it to me because they purchased a newer model. When I turned it on, pressed F10, that was the message I got. I need to get a recovery disk? This HP mini only supports the SD card. Thanks for responding

If it came with Windows 7 which I suspect, then HP won't have recovery disk.

If the laptop indeed works, I would update the hard drive to a SSD and increase the RAM if it hasn't been done already.

That laptop will run CloudReady which will make the laptop be a Chromebook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kahinakea wrote:

Error message 0xc000000f, boot selection failed b/c required device inaccessible. Running an HP mini 110-1150NR. Please let me know what the steps are to repair or any other information. Please advise. Thank you. No recent changes to hardware or software.

What are you trying to do?

What caused this error message?

HP Recommended

Someone gave it to me because they purchased a newer model. When I turned it on, pressed F10, that was the message I got. I need to get a recovery disk? This HP mini only supports the SD card. Thanks for responding

HP Recommended

@kahinakea wrote:

If it came with Windows 7 which I suspect, then HP won't have recovery disk.

If the laptop indeed works, I would update the hard drive to a SSD and increase the RAM if it hasn't been done already.

That laptop will run CloudReady which will make the laptop be a Chromebook.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom.

HP Recommended

@kahinakea wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom.

You may want to read  https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000f-error-read-boot-configuration-data/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.