Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f004dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Other

A day or two ago i bought my newest PC in what most would consider used condition... not brand dang new... from an acquaintance of mine, which was his before i purchased it. his info and personal data - like the account to access the actual functions if the PC when you power it on - are still all attached to this device, which of course i don’t know his account password to get on the “desktop” (or whatever it’s called) of this Notebook... so, i’m locked out of this PC as of now, that i purchased as a used device from the owner knowingly, and he is unfamiliar with technology or at least he isn’t considered savvy at all technically, so he doesn’t know what to do or how to access the account online, he doesn’t remember information for it, and so i cannot get into this device as of now.. there’s a dang way y’all. i need help, steps, directions, guidance, enlightenment - ALL of it - to be able to go factory reset this PC (without logging into my acquaintance’s account or maybe any account) beforehand.. preferably or at least steps to adding another account used to sign in device’s “desktop” screen for access to the functions and features, like internet, of the PC that is my own account and set-up and i know/created the information used in a second account to use/access my device. i am upset/frustrated bc i’ve tried every loophole possible to access the option to chat online with a real.. tech... agent.. (NOT virtual, she wasn’t much help) to walk you through this software issue... and i haven’t even seen anything close to that option I’ve used in previous incidents now for some reason. and i’m still ignorant to some things.. A LOT of things!! 

ANYWAYS - regardless... someone just PLS help me or enlighten me on what to do or how to do the steps or even WHERE to go to address this issue correctly to successfully accessing ”desktop” mode/screen on this notebook i have now paid for and acquired. i would like to be using it, really i HAVE TO be able to use it to do homeschooling, and FYI... i bought it from the individual who was the only owner the PC had and it does not show up as a stolen device or any bad or crazy circumstances surrounding it - nothing to hem up this process just need access like YESTERDAY. HELP PLS!!! thanks!! the sooner you can enlighten me, the most beneficial for use of homeschooling tool/necessity we now have but cannot make use of! xxx i appreciate you all and TIA to all the beautiful folk who reach out and try to help me! 😊

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TheOGOakley 

I understand your frustrations, but we are bound by HP policies here that prevent us from assisting ANYONE with bypassing password issues.

A factory reset is most likely going to prompt for the password, so that will do you no good.

We have no choice other than to provide the following information: 

Sorry, but by Community policy, we are no longer allowed to provide any assistance with password reset or recovery.

Here is the HP Policy: Participation:
4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

For Admin and Windows password resets, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly for assistance.
Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.