Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
L5Y37EA#ABV
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

so I need to free up the memory because i keep getting errors for not having enough memory etc...

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@mymodded

You talking about System Memory or Disk Space -- because these are entirely different problems with entirely different solutions.

It would have helped if you had provide the exact wording of one of these error messages.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 
error messages always tell me that there is no memory
but when I check this PC i find that recovery D has low space and is in red line

HP Recommended

Screenshot (406).png

HP Recommended

@mymodded 

The "D" drive is the Recovery Partition that was created at the factory by HP and it contains a compressed images of Windows that can be used to do a factory reset of your PC. It is SUPPOSED to be nearly full.  So, if you are getting messages about that, you need to check your default saving locations because you should NOT be trying to store anything to that drive.

Also, see if this helps with the low memory issue:  https://www.diskpart.com/windows-10/your-computer-is-low-on-memory-windows-10-4125.html

HP Recommended

@WAWood
hello, thanks for helping, when I opened the virtual memory options , it told me recommended : 3549 mb , currently allocated  : 811 mb . do we have to enter the exact same amount mb as in the link you gave me ? I think it depends on the device's ram . when I enter a new size , do I put 3549 mb as the recommended one?

HP Recommended

@mymodded 

With Windows, it's generally best to do what it recommends.

HP Recommended

@WAWood 
, do i put 3549 mb in both the initial size and  maximum size? if no where do I put 3549 mb and what do I put in the other one?

HP Recommended
@WAWood , do i put 3549 mb in both the initial size and maximum size? if no where do I put 3549 mb and what do I put in the other one?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.