Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp stream 14-ax020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to reset my hp stream notebook 14-ax020nr to factory settings.  The F11 key doesn't allow me to get into restore.  I don't know of any other ways to get to the factory restore. Can anyone offer me any help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @shealcorn, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know how to reset your laptop back to factory settings.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you are unable to perform a recovery from F11. 

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer.
Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
Turn on the computer.
From the Start screen, type recovery manager, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.
If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.
Under Help, click Windows Recovery Environment.
Click OK. The system will reboot into the Windows Recovery Environment.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Recovery Manager.
Click Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next.
Read the System Recovery information. To proceed, click Next.
Recovery Manager is preparing the system for recovery.
The preparations are complete. Click Continue.
The computer restarts. Follow any on-screen instructions and do not interrupt it during the process. The computer might restart a number of times during the recovery process.

Refer this article to know more information about performing recovery from the recovery partition.

If you have issues performing recovery from the recovery partition, It could be that the recovery partition could have got deleted or corrupted on your PC.

Try performing recovery using the recovery discs, If you don't have a set of recovery discs. Please contact HP support and order a set of recovery discs.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just do a RESET. Shut down your HP Stream. Then PRESS the POWER button while you hold down the SHIFT key. This will get you to the RESET settings.

HP Recommended

I desperately need help with bypassing the Admin code, I have this exact model. my error code is "i 53888685"

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

This topic is going to be locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.