Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just noticed the link you provided is from an FTP server that is hosting TONS of HP touchpad drivers.

It looks like you are using version: sp66570 from the folder ranging from sp66501-67000 versions. The most current "stock" version that comes with this laptop is version is: sp65488

Perhaps if you have free time you could go through and test and try different versions of these drivers. Maybe experimenting with driver versions similar to the stock version vs ones that are quite different. Since there are literaly hundreds of these drivers to try so for now its kind of a guess and check.

Here is the index: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

It looks like each folder provides a range of versions within it... so yes, there are A LOT of drivers here. Perhaps one of these is the magic one that works best.

I as i have explained many times i dont actually have the laptop a this time to test these things or else i would be. 

HP Recommended

I tried to uninstall the driver from device manager and then, without restarting, install the driver found by countchocula, but I had the same terrible expereince. Did you just click on the link in MIkey32230's thread for the driver found by countchocula and install it straight from there. Because that's what I did and no luck . . . 

HP Recommended
I'm having the exact same experience as Carlosj with this other driver - not perfect, but better than it was before. My process was to uninstall the driver through device manager, restart, install the new driver, then restart again. I'm definitely going to keep experimenting with some of the other drivers like Mikey suggested, and will post any positive results
HP Recommended

hey bro

reflashed my hp envy with SP65951 and lost my touchpad, reflashed it with the other file but no luck..any other way around to get touchpad working ?

Thanx

HP Recommended

@itsnikhil wrote:

hey bro

reflashed my hp envy with SP65951 and lost my touchpad, reflashed it with the other file but no luck..any other way around to get touchpad working ?

Thanx

Can you be more specific?

Make sure you are manually uninstalling/installing from "Device Manager"

HP Recommended
Try restoring your touchpad drivers with the hp recover manager then do the process for sp66570
HP Recommended
hp envy 15t-j100
product no k0b71av
touchpad dead after reflashing with sp65951
HP Recommended
Well i dont know why but the computer is showing signs of problem again mainly when scrolling 😞
Its still better than before and still usable but im starting to wonder if this is only a temporary solution 😞
HP Recommended
TM 2960
CAN NOT find the firmware for this make, kindly let me knw if anyone has any idea
thanx
HP Recommended

@itsnikhil wrote:
TM 2960
CAN NOT find the firmware for this make, kindly let me knw if anyone has any idea
thanx

First of all, this is a thread for Model: 

HP Envy m6-n012dx laptops

Second of all, i'm not clear on what your problem is. If i were you i would simple uninstall all your touchpad drivers and reinstall your stock driver. Look at Device Manager to tell the version of the driver you are currently using. 

Also perhaps try:

1) try uninstalling the current driver, do not restart, and then immediately install the stock driver.

OR

2) try uninstalling the current driver, restarting the computer, then installing the stock driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.