Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
cs1000tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp recovery manager is not available on new hp pavillion cs1000tx,One day, after buying and setup the os ,I thought of backing os in a USB or DVD drive  as I usually do,but there is no recovery manager ,so I called hp technical support for the recovery manager,so I asked them," they have asked to send some snapshots to them like "DISK PARTITION, MY PC, BIOS SETUP".Which I did ,after that they said "YOU HAVE DELETED D DRIVE ",which in my case I haven't done .

Afterthat HP technician said "they found that partition D drive was not there,and they accused me, so they will not deliver the  os free of cost,There wasn't a D drive when I intialized the pc.they further said that they still send me a copy ,but you have to pay for the handling and shipping charges for the problem which i have got nothing to do with.

Unfortunately ,There is a lot of similar complaints regarding hp laptops with no D drive  partition existed in the first place.its a good way for hp  ,to accuse and punish someone GUILTY for the {act}"CHARGE"  that they haven't commited.

"LOYAL CUSTOMERS-DISLOYAL HP SERVICES"

HP-  better to take the money than simply providing the necessary application preinstalled offline in laptop

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

There is not necessarily, or really, a 😧 recovery partition.

A new HP hard disk will have upto FOUR partitions, some of them may be hidden and not easy to ID.

So try a partition manager like...

https://www.paragon-software.com/free/pm-express/#

Hope to see

EUFI Boot partition  100 - 250 MB

Recovery partition  12 - 16 GIGabytes

A dummy 😧 of 100 - 250 MB

C:\ is the rest of the drive.

Unless you have a real problem with making your own, make your own.

Lo-Cost/No-Cost solution...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Create Windows 10 installation media

To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. You can then download and run the media creation tool. For more information on how to use the tool, see the instructions below.

Download and add all the HP drivers for your PC onto that same 16 GB USB flash drive.
X:\>dir
 Volume in drive X is Recovery
29/10/2018  23:48               128 autorun.inf
29/10/2018  23:48           408,074 bootmgr
29/10/2018  23:48         1,452,856 bootmgr.efi
20/03/2017  04:15    <DIR>          efi
09/08/2018  15:55    <DIR>          HP_Drvrs
29/10/2018  23:48            82,440 setup.exe
13/08/2017  12:42    <DIR>          sources
22/11/2018  10:25    <DIR>          support
               4 File(s)      1,943,498 bytes
               4 Dir(s)   1,487,892,480 bytes free

Something like the above.  Then you can add/update the drivers so your Recovery USB is current.

PS:  Apart from the HP_DDrvrs directory the above will work for most types, Acer, Asus, Dell etc.
HP Recommended

@mansoor73 wrote:

Hp recovery manager is not available on new hp pavillion cs1000tx,One day, after buying and setup the os ,I thought of backing os in a USB or DVD drive  as I usually do,but there is no recovery manager ,so I called hp technical support for the recovery manager,so I asked them," they have asked to send some snapshots to them like "DISK PARTITION, MY PC, BIOS SETUP".Which I did ,after that they said "YOU HAVE DELETED D DRIVE ",which in my case I haven't done .

Afterthat HP technician said "they found that partition D drive was not there,and they accused me, so they will not deliver the  os free of cost,There wasn't a D drive when I intialized the pc.they further said that they still send me a copy ,but you have to pay for the handling and shipping charges for the problem which i have got nothing to do with.

Unfortunately ,There is a lot of similar complaints regarding hp laptops with no D drive  partition existed in the first place.its a good way for hp  ,to accuse and punish someone GUILTY for the {act}"CHARGE"  that they haven't commited.

"LOYAL CUSTOMERS-DISLOYAL HP SERVICES"

HP-  better to take the money than simply providing the necessary application preinstalled offline in laptop

Was this laptop puchased in the USA ?

HP Recommended

@mansoor73

If what you are looking for is a way to do a backup of your PC, instead of just complaining about HP, here is an alternative ...

I personally prefer to use third-party Backup solutions as they tend to be both more flexible and more reliable than any built-in solutions.

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition. This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 15 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.

Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry. This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.