Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillion x2 deatatchable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all

i have a hp pavillion x2 deatachable and dont have os 

i went to bios change secure mode to off

save it pressing f10 

and then check there isnt any Legacy mode 

now i cant even boot my laptop from usb 

attach some picture for more assistence 

please need help urgentIMG_20201012_214512.jpgIMG_20201012_214524.jpgIMG_20201012_214542.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ABBAS9 

The error code you show usually indicates a failed hard drive, so booting from USB will do you no good if that is the case.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hello sir thanks for your reply 

i have done test and it said passed 

my problem is i want to boot pc with usb to install windows and as there isnt any lagacy boot option in it so i can change boot from 

here i attatch again snaps that i took after passed the test IMG_20201015_134834 (1).jpgIMG_20201015_130629.jpgIMG_20201015_134834.jpg

HP Recommended

@ABBAS9 

OK, thanks for the info.

I ran across a similar situation with an HP Elitedesk recently and discovered a second BIOS/UEFI option that disabled booting from portable devices.  Until I changed that, it could see the USB stick but could not boot from it.

Sorry, I don't have that PC anymore, so I can't go into the settings to tell you where to find that.  But I needed both that and Secure Boot turned off in order to boot from a USB stick.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

thank you sir for your  help 

hope some one else can help me 

because i am really stuck here and dont know what to do

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.