Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion x360 13-u175tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have had the hp pavillion x360 13-u175tu for 4 weeks and on 2 occasions it has frozen/fail to start. Both times I have had to do a hard reset but for a new laptop this shouldn't happen. Is there some of the preloaded stuff I should be deleting? I use it for work and study and I can't afford all the time mucking around with it. Can someone please instruct me how to fix or is this laptop known for this issue and should I replace it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Lecky3, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand your laptop is freezing while you save files to one drive on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link.

Also, update the chipset drivers using this link.

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Lecky3, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand your laptop is freezing while you save files to one drive on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link.

Also, update the chipset drivers using this link.

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I also did a bit more research and fixed the issue with your second solution. I'll keep you updated if I have any further issues but I'd say it is resolved for now.
HP Recommended

Hi! @Lecky3, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.