12-15-2019 12:35 PM
tried putting the disk in place cd rom both slots do not see the disk. on another pc hdd drive tested working fine
HP Pavilion dv6-6b53er
BIOS Version F.1c
12-18-2019 08:13 AM
@Shuhrat Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the laptop will not detect the hard drive.
When was it working before?
Have you made any changes to the computer?
You are getting any error messages?
Please perform the below steps and let us know.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.
Please perform the hard drive and test and check.
1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.
2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping the F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.
3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Hard drive and initiate the quick test.
Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.
Please refer to the following link.
let me know how that pans out,
And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!
Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue,
Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".