Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP2000-369WM Notebook PC My laptop displays (plugged in, not charging). why doesnt it charge the battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try this steps might help you to fix the issue. This post was updated by Mumbodog check the link below has resolve the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/quot-plugged-in-not-charging-quot-problem/td-p/159301

Try this:
Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try this steps might help you to fix the issue. This post was updated by Mumbodog check the link below has resolve the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/quot-plugged-in-not-charging-quot-problem/td-p/159301

Try this:
Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

The list u gave me to follow works!     thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Do u know if we accidently did this change or it happened on its own?

HP Recommended

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

had problem of not charging, thought is was new battery time. did what tech suggested and it worked. Glad I found this forum

HP Recommended

Hey Manjunath,

I had the same problem with my HP laptop and did a search online.  I found your solution below, followed the steps and it corrected the problem.  Only took a few minutes.

Thank you kindly...

George Lynch

HP Recommended

I have gone through these steps 3 or 4 times now, and it seems that every time I turn my computer off, I have to do this again. This is getting frustrating. How do I PERMANENTLY fix this issue?

HP Recommended

My laptop is not charging and have gotten a new battery and charger and still not trying and when I use the AC adapter directly without the battery I can't still on it

HP Recommended

does it really work ?is it not a hadware or charger issue?my charger get hot is it not charger issue?reply must

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.