Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop keeps shutting down even when there's ample of batter left.  Once I remove the charging cord, after a few minutes (20-30min) it shuts down without a warning and makes a huge blink sound. When I restart it again, it takes a long time to turn on and run smoothly.

this is constantly happening for a long time now and I am not able to figure out the issue here since it's not overheating.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@niyatik26

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting issues with the HP Notebook battery. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

1. When did this issue start?
  2. Did you do any changes to the notebook?

Meanwhile

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Troubleshooting the notebook battery

1. Remove the notebook battery and check the contact points to make sure they are not damaged.

2. Unplug all USB devices from the notebook.

Many notebook models continue to provide power to USB devices through the USB ports, even when the computer is powered off or in a suspended state.

3. Unplug the AC power cable.

4. Insert the battery into the battery compartment on the bottom of the notebook computer.

5. Plug the AC power cable into the computer and into an AC wall outlet, then allow the battery to charge for 15 to 30 minutes.

NOTE:

The power LED, located near the power icon, glows while the battery is charging.

6. Unplug the power adapter cord from the notebook.

7. Press and release the Power button to start the computer using only the battery as the power source.

• If the computer powers on, the battery is functioning. Run the HP Battery Check utility to evaluate the battery at Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).

• If the computer does not power on, continue to the next step.

8. If you have a second battery for your computer, replace the original battery with the second battery and perform the troubleshooting steps again.

• If the computer powers on with the second battery and the battery charges correctly, contact HP Customer Support for battery replacement. See Purchasing a Replacement Battery.

• If the problem remains with the new battery, you might need to replace the system board. Contact HP Customer Support for further assistance.

Click here and refer the HP Document to perform more assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.