Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-AY082nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo,

The computer15-AY082nd is to slow because, my cpu is 100% when I use a browser, and also my memery is than 65%.

I use firefox and ege.

I have not big programs or somting els on my computer

I cant even make a backup on the computer.

Only big program what I have is Avast antivirus program

Is that normal?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look for 3 things: 1. At least an Intel i3 processor and preferably an i5; 2. at least 8 gigs RAM; and, 3. a solid state drive rather than a 5400 rpm hard drive. 

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-250-g6-notebook-pc-%28energy-star%29-p-1nw57ut-aba--1

$669 US or about 600 Euro. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Here are the specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series/10862300/document/c05265859

Celeron N3060 4 gigs RAM 128 gig M.2 SSD. 

The Celeron N3060 is a very very weak 

https://technical.city/en/cpu/Core-i3-6006U-vs-Celeron-N3060

It is 162% slower than even a very low end i3 6th gen processor. It is going to frustrate you to try to use it no matter what you do. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. Why do HP sell those laptops for normal work? You can do nothing on the internet because he every time stops working. When you typ a letter than I must wait for the letters to come up the screen.

When you not on the internet that it is the computer fine. I know it is a sheap laptop, but cheap is expensive later on. Three hondred fifty euros throw away in these quite expensive times. Promising words for sale but....

I do not think it`s worth putting in a new processor?

Sorry for my Enlish

Greetings

HP Recommended

You do not want to get me on my soapbox but people want cheap cheap cheap. HP is just responding to the market demand. 

The processor is soldered to the motherboard and it is not upgradeable. Yours is actually probably better than most as it has an M.2 disk. The best you can do is turn off all visual effects in Windows so it looks like Windows 2000:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bluetooth-drivers/m-p/1828333

Turn off all startup programs and try to find a very lightweight Antivirus program. Only open one window/program at a time. It will work you just have to baby it. 

HP Recommended

De HP 15-AY082ND combineert krachtige hardware met een compact ontwerp. Het 15,6 inch-scherm met 1920 x 1080 resolutie geeft beelden scherp en helder weer. Ook aan het geluid is gedacht met de DTS Studio Sound-stereoluidsprekers die rijke en volle klanken produceren. Aangedreven door een Intel Celeron-processor met 4 GB werkgeheugen is de HP 15-AY082ND snel met het opstarten van programma's. Verder zijn 802.11n-wifi, Bluetooth 4.0 en een 128 GB SSD standaard aanwezig.

I know you hava right but when you have a pension like me, than you wamt to buy somthing what do the job, only  go on internet nothing more! Than is € 350.00 euro al lot off money.

In duch I have put  what Media Markt says over this computer and believe me that is not what the computer do, is not the foult off HP but off the big shops who order them bij HP. I thinks Hp must not give his name to this product because it is for me always a good product.

Greetings

HP Recommended

Yes translated into English the marketing is a classic piece of puffery:

The HP 15-AY082ND combines powerful hardware with a compact design. The 15.6 inch screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution delivers crisp and clear images. The sound is also thought of with the DTS Studio Sound stereo speakers that produce rich and full sound. Powered by an Intel Celeron processor with 4GB of memory, the HP 15-AY082ND is fast launching programs. In addition, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and 128GB SSD are standard.

Who is to say what is "powerful"? I also wish HP would not sell computers that are likely to leave buyers unsatisfied and we do get a lot of complaints about these Celeron units. Still, HP sells lots of them. They use them as "loss leaders" at Wal-Mart and Costco, for example. I don't want to get into computer economics but you cannot make a laptop for 350 Euro...there are subsidies paid by software makers...Microsoft offers a big discount on Windows on these low end laptops and HP makes money by just getting them sold and out the door....they do not actually have to make a markup on the hardware. 

Seriously there is not much that can be done to upgrade the laptop but we are happy to discuss how you might configure it to be more responsive. I gave you one idea above. It would probably run Linux much better for example but that is probably too extreme of a solution. 

When you buy a computer you have to ask the question where it ranks for processing power? You want to at least buy at the low middle not at the very lowest point. You want to use this 3 or 4 years at least and another 50-75 Euro would have purchased something much more useable. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the time you have spent to answer me. I am a great computer user but have no sense of its content.

I never spook to a expert pleas can you answer me the follewing question.

When I have, let me say between € 600 and € 800 euro`s to spent what can I get for it. The computer must be fast with internet (I use wireless internet) and it must run more programma`s on the same time. The computer wil also used for photo editing (light) and social media.

It would not be used for games, graphics is not so inmportent for me. Because I use the HP w2448hc monitor for many years (for my eys). Great monitor!

When they spent money on the looks of the computer that is also not important.

I uses the following big programs?:

Avast Internet Security

Firefox and microsoft Edge

Office

Have a nice weekend

Greetings

HP Recommended

Look for 3 things: 1. At least an Intel i3 processor and preferably an i5; 2. at least 8 gigs RAM; and, 3. a solid state drive rather than a 5400 rpm hard drive. 

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-250-g6-notebook-pc-%28energy-star%29-p-1nw57ut-aba--1

$669 US or about 600 Euro. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for everythin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.