Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

i updated bios  but cannot get past no boot device and i cant reinstall windows 10 since all partitions were wiped 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @chinodadon,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering issues with reinstalling Windows 10 on your HP Stream 14 after all partitions were wiped. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you reinstall Windows 10.

Requirements:

• A separate computer with internet access.
  • A USB flash drive (at least 8GB) or an external hard drive (if your HP Stream 14 supports booting from it).
  • Access to another Windows computer to create a bootable USB drive.

Steps:

Create a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive:

• On another Windows PC, go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
  • Run the Media Creation Tool and follow the prompts to create a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 on it. This will involve selecting the correct edition and language for Windows 10.

Prepare Your HP Stream 14:

• Insert the bootable USB drive into your HP Stream 14.
  • Power on the laptop and repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F10, F12, ESC, or Del) to access the boot menu. The exact key varies depending on your laptop model.
  • Select the USB drive as the boot device from the boot menu.

Install Windows 10:

• Once the Windows Setup screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10.
  • When prompted, choose "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)".
  • Select the unallocated space on your hard drive (if it's not already partitioned) and click "Next". Windows Setup will create the necessary partitions for you.

Complete Installation:

• Follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation of Windows 10.
  • After installation is complete, remove the USB drive and restart your HP Stream 14.

Post-Installation Setup:

• Once Windows 10 boots up, you may need to install drivers specific to your HP Stream 14. You can find these on the HP support website under your laptop’s model number.
  • Connect to the internet and run Windows Update to ensure your system has the latest updates.

By following these steps, you should be able to reinstall Windows 10 on your HP Stream 14, even after all partitions were wiped.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.