Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To make it easy to explain, i just updated to this BIOS version called F.19-08/14/2020

when updated and restarted, i noted how fans were max speeding while turning on, specifically at the omen start up logo,

now i tried to downgrade bios to the previous version "f.16" but i couldnt, it just reverted everything and go again to f.19, everything in the laptop is working smooth and well, but thats the only issue, when starting up, fans are at max speed for a while, like 5-6seconds and when windows welcome window appears speed decreases to normal,

is there a solution to this? i  have all my hp drivers at the hp support assistant app up to date,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ChepoRestrepo 

More likely due to Windows updates, not BIOS. My Omen 15-dcxxxx machine is doing the same (fans) now and the bad thing was on the same day I upgraded to 2004, its battery totally dead.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

its definitly not the windows update , i have been using 2004 for a month and this hasnt happened to me until i updated the bios .

HP Recommended

I can confirm, This BIOS update ramps up the fan to about 60dB while booting and then slowly reduces. This isn't the problem for me, my problem is that in the older bios f.16, the fans ramped up at 72C and then maxed out at 87C. The news bios seems to lock it at the speed that the older bios had at 72C. The laptop goes to 93C and throttles very badly whereas before I was able to get a 5C decrease due to the fans running at higher rpm,CPU and GPU clocked higher(now it runs lower than base clocks). This update mentioned improved fan as its changelog. This is the worst update, Atleast give options in the command center to control fan speeds, this is extremely annoying. I would like to revert the BIOS to f.16 on my dc1088wm.

HP Recommended

Same problem..., with firmware F.16 this did not happen. When turned on, they buzz for 5-7 seconds and stop abruptly. Windows 10 Home did not update, it happened after updating the firmware to F.19. Is there a solution to this problem?

My model notebook: hp omen 15-dc1100nc

HP Recommended

Same problem..., with firmware F.16 this did not happen. When turned on, they buzz for 5-7 seconds and stop abruptly. Windows 10 Home did not update, it happened after updating the firmware to F.19. Is there a solution to this problem?

My model notebook: hp omen 15-dc1100nc

HP Recommended

I got the same issue. After the f.19 update my Omen fans ramp up on startup and then become quieter

HP Recommended

Same problem, i solved it by downgrading the pc to version 1.18 of the bios, you can download it and downgrade manually your pc... The update tell that resolve an important issue on the fans but i have no issues for now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.