Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp compaq tc4400
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HI , Guys ; Is Paco again...

Here is my ??+

I completely refurbiched A tc4400 , new HHD , new Mobo , new CPU (T7600) , I just don't have a OS ;  Planing to Install W 7 32 Bit .

There is a web ( Numus Software ) of British origen ,  I think . They offer Recovery disks and Drives but I have to have a product key that came with the PC to Activate the OS .

Do I need A activation key if I use This ISO disks they offer ;  In my case basically new PC of my concoction , or I need to buy a new OS , or Can I buy just the key for the OS , and finally ,  if this is the case , were can I obtained ( is there a web site that I can do so)

Thanks for your help

Paco .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

You do not need to buy recovery media for anywhere, ISO images are available online. You can download them for free and burn them on a DVD or write them on a USB (using Rufus). You can use them to install Windows.

Problem is the license key - officially, Microsoft stopped selling Windows 7 long time ago but there are still some stores online and offline who have hard copies of Windows available. For example, in the country I live in there are still stores who have Windows 7 available (GGK, FPP packages, etc)

I am not sure where you are but you need to search online for Windows 7 in the popular stores in your country, also visit the popular local tech stores and check the availability. The disc itself is cheap (free) - it the license you are paying for. The license is the rights from Microsoft to use their software.

If you manage to obtain the license, I can post you instructions how to download the Windows 7 ISO.

You may also consider trying Windows 10 on this "combo" you have now - Microsoft offers 90 day free version of Windows 10. Let me know

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

You do not need to buy recovery media for anywhere, ISO images are available online. You can download them for free and burn them on a DVD or write them on a USB (using Rufus). You can use them to install Windows.

Problem is the license key - officially, Microsoft stopped selling Windows 7 long time ago but there are still some stores online and offline who have hard copies of Windows available. For example, in the country I live in there are still stores who have Windows 7 available (GGK, FPP packages, etc)

I am not sure where you are but you need to search online for Windows 7 in the popular stores in your country, also visit the popular local tech stores and check the availability. The disc itself is cheap (free) - it the license you are paying for. The license is the rights from Microsoft to use their software.

If you manage to obtain the license, I can post you instructions how to download the Windows 7 ISO.

You may also consider trying Windows 10 on this "combo" you have now - Microsoft offers 90 day free version of Windows 10. Let me know

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Mr. A. Dean

Thank's for your help. Now you left Me with another ??.(almost LOL) . The thing is , I have a Win 7 Pro 64 Bit that I boutgh some time ago . Can I use this OS instead OF the 32 Bit version , or perhaps I should buy me a new Win 10. Should I buy Home eddition or Prof.eddition , 32 or 64 bits to operate my  HP-tc4400 Laptop.

Thank's for your help.

Paco 1

HP Recommended

@paco-1 wrote:

Mr. A. Dean

Thank's for your help. Now you left Me with another ??.(almost LOL) . The thing is , I have a Win 7 Pro 64 Bit that I boutgh some time ago . Can I use this OS instead OF the 32 Bit version , or perhaps I should buy me a new Win 10. Should I buy Home eddition or Prof.eddition , 32 or 64 bits to operate my  HP-tc4400 Laptop.

Thank's for your help.

Paco 1

Hi @paco-1

You can use 64-bit , actually 64-bit is recommended based on your processor.

Not sure for Windows 10 - it might not work properly on your PC as it is very old one.

HP hasn't officially supplied Windows 7 drivers for this old model. Drivers for XP and Vista can be taken from here >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-tc4400-tablet-pc/1847962

Based on unofficial online reviews, I have seen this tablet PC running OK with Windows 8/8.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.