Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-db0051od530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop keeps restarting.  it boots up to the HP logo screen, then a message appears at the bottom saying "Preparing Automatic Repair".  That message holds for a few seconds then changes to "Please Wait While We Install A System Update" which also hangs there for a few seconds then the screen goes black and looks like the laptop restarts again, doing the same process over and over again.

I've tried booting to the "Start Up Menu" by pressing "ESC" while turning the laptop on.  Selected F2 "System Diagnostics" and selected the third option "System Tests", then "Fast Test", then "Run Once".

All checks reported "PASSED" on the first test.  I then proceeded back to the "Startup Menu".  This time selected F11 "System Recover".  The HP logo screen appeared again with the message "Please Wait" under it.  The entire process started all over again with the "Preparing Automatic Repair" looping process.

I turned the laptop off and began the process over again.  Went to the "Start Up Menu", selected F2 again, selected "System Tests", then "Fast Test", then "Run Once" again.  This time all tests reported "PASSED" except for "Hard Drive Short DST Check".  It reported "FAILED".

Failure ID = UCRV64-98HASM-XD7W3F-60VD03

Product ID = 4BM05UA#ABA

Hard Drive 1 - Primary HDD Bay*

No matter how many times I complete this process I get the same results now.  Not sure why everything passed the first time and now fails repeatedly thereafter.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
UCRV64-98HASM-XD7W3F-60VD03OK000000000012/7/21303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

The HP support site seems to be down right now, but here is a video gallery for how to open up the PC to remove and replace the hard drive.

HP Support - YouTube

Before you buy a hard drive, you may want to consider installing a better performing 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

Your notebook may also have a M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's.

A NVMe SSD would be 3x to 5x faster than a SATA SSD.

After you replace the drive, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool with another Windows PC to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Recover Your Computer Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool | HP Computers | @HPSupport - YouTube

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.