Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when   click on my icons  or taskbar    nothing is  opening   no  mailboxes   ebay  facebook  !!!!!  I have   rebooted   and    tried  system  restore   to no avail    can you help  please ,  I am    using my spare laptop   to  send this message   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Can we have the model of the laptop which has the problem. Failure to launch programs can be a virus and it can be a failing hard drive. Those are the first two things a technician would try to confirm or reject. 

HP Recommended

yes   thanks    HP Pavilion dv6   Notebook PC.   A1Q62EA#ABU

HP Recommended

I have  taken a  photo   of disk  management disk.jpg  

HP Recommended

I have a feeling   it has got something to do with   chrome browser,  as i have now   managed to  open  a few  sites including  this one   by using  firefox   and IE,  !!!

HP Recommended

well to say im   baffledis an understatment,  after  being   without the use of   my programs   by clicking  my  icons   for over 7 hours      it is now working   as   it should,   I   must confess  I  did   try to reinstall   chrome   as my browser  acouple of times   so  maybe that was the problem,  Who knows !    

HP Recommended

Indeed, who?

HP Recommended

sorry  I dont  understand    what you mean  by   writing   "Indeed, who?"    !!!!!

HP Recommended

I was agreeing with you: who knows?

HP Recommended

Ahhh   yes  of corse    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.