Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0022nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I got this laptop ~5 months ago. Whenever I try to install VCredist (Which I need for MySQL workbench for school) I get the "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" error. I've had this error multiple times when installing other things but I always disregard it since ive got no clue what im supposed to do about it. Now that im unable to install the software I need for my tuition I had to fix the problem. These are the common fixes ive come across and tried

• Making sure windows installer is running in services
  • Deleting some keys in the regestry editor

After trying these things to no succes I just went ahead and tried resetting my laptop. Only I get the error "there was a problem resetting this pc" After troubleshooting this issue on the web I came across the following solutions:

• Reset from advanced startup - no succes
  • Run the command:

bootrec /fixMBR

bootrec /fixBoot - acces denied

bootrec /rebuildBCD

• sfc /scnannow - Windows resource center could not peform the requested operation

I tried installing the HP recovery agent but it didnt launch. After putting a pause on the .cmd file (which should be there by default, how am I supposed to know what went wrong if the command prompt closes again in a millisecond) I get the error about something along the lines of "corrupted/wrong root key in registry" or something like that.

Im all out of ideas. This laptop is cursed, please send help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't really have a clue.

However, if the Visual C## or whatever is on a school / college network and you are accessing it over their network, then the Redist whatever will not match/pair if you are using/installing it locally???

So is it?

HP Recommended

Im trying to install the redistributable locally on my laptop so I can run MySQL workbench. The community web installer from MySQL automatically downloads and install VC if you don't have it on your device. Except it fails every time and ive got no clue why. At this point im just trying to reset my laptop but everything ive tried has failed. Im now installing a clean windows from a USB. I was hoping I could keep some HP software and costum drivers for this device but I guess not.

Also HP should get better support for devices that are slightly different due to regional differences. Its a huge pain trying to find drivers on their extremely slow belgian site. Most of the documentation isnt even available and trying to find your drivers is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.