Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As title says, the update window is telling me my laptop can't run windows 10. I tried upgrading my bios, running a full performance tune-up, and updating the graphics drivers as the HP website suggests here: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/topic/windows-10-support-center-computing?jumpid=in_r11839_gb/en/WIN10_... 

None of their troubleshooting tips helped at all, just a ton of wasted time. I have a 2 year warranty on this piece of junk through best buy so worst comes to worst I'm just gonna get a new one for free, but oh my god for nearly $1.8k you'd think maybe this crap WOULDN'T occur...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A 2018 or2019  HP x360 notebook that can't run Windows 10? That is  extremely unlikely to be the case.

Please take a moment and look at the bottom of your notebook and provide the ProdID that is found there in tiny letters and numbers.

You have not identified the notebook other than stating which model series it is from. That is not enough to give any of us a window into the hardware specifications of your notebook product.

Help us to help you by providing that information!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

"A 2018 or2019  HP x360 notebook that can't run Windows 10? That is  extremely unlikely to be the case."

Well, take your best shot then lol.

Here's what it looks like when I try to update.Screenshot (20).png

Here is what it looks like when I click "Fix Issues."

Screenshot (26).png

my ProdID is 2LV24UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Perhaps your thread's title should be " am having a problem with Windows 10 update"

Your  HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx happens to be almost identical to the HP Product loan that I had for 2018.

The first thing is to let us know which version of the BIOS is installed. The latest version is F.31.

All of the previous versions are located at the link below this line. Click on revision history in the document at the link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-15-ch000-x360-convertible-pc/1...

version historyversion history

If updating the BIOS to the most recent version does not resolve the issue it may be time to take a drastic step as described below and then run Windows update again.

Use the HP cloud recovery to create a bootable Windows 10 installe. That will allow you to restore your PC to the state it was in when it was delivered to you.The  HP cloud recovery creation tool is located at the link below this line.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.