Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17z-CA200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get random hangs every few days on this computer. Everything freezes, I can't call up task manager, etc. I have to use power shutdown. Seems to happen when I'm using a browser (*any* browser), used to think it was Youtube or other videos causing it, but the last hang was not on a video. I made sure that the browsers have no extensions or add-ins. So frustrating...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello sir/madam, 

According to the problem described, according to me there is a easy way to get rid of it.

1. Complete all the windows updates, driver updates and other cumulative updates if applicable to your particular device.  

2. Use the HP support assistant app, and update all the device drivers and also use the HP performance tune up app.

3. Reset your laptop or PC.

4. The last way to get rid of this problem, is to format your hard drive or SSD using the HP cloud recovery tool, you download it from the below available link:- 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05115630

Or you can use the Windows media creation tool, to do a fresh install of your operating system (If you are using Windows 10)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.