Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-by0000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all. i went and restored my HP laptop so i can get all the updates coming in properly as someone in the microsoft community said it may help sort this issue out. this was back in July with the updates. so i waited for august. my wife's laptop got the both in fine. so i decided to factory restore my laptop to when i bought it. sadly i lost alot of the programs the original programs.  this was a fast recovery. then i did the full recovery which took hours. i then seen i lost the Microsoft store, calendar, calculator which managed to get back. with having to use some powershell commands. BUT i thought when you did a restore that the restore partition restored it back to when you bought it. this is what has happened whenever i do factory restores.

any help to why alot of the software from HP including tiles are missing is appreciated.

mrthunderstorm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MrThunderStorm

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06162205 for Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MrThunderStorm

Could you please let me know how did you perform the recovery?

Any particular reason to perform the recovery?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

hi thanks for your relpy .....  my windows updates where not coming in for july and august. i followed steps from microsoft to stop and restart the windows update. when it was no go they said i may have to do a full clean install so i told them i will do a factory reset as i know HP has a partition on my hard drive. my wife has the same laptop as myself and her updates were coming in fine.

so i went to settings, update and security, recovery at the left side, then reset this pc. i clicked remove everything as i wanted it back to the way i bought the laptop from HP. the first time i left it do a fast factory restore which was under an hour. seen things were missing. so i thought i better reset it again and do the full long factory restore which took 6 hours (i thought it would never get done) when windows was back i seen all the pre-installed tiles and some software from HP was missing including the microsoft store, calculator, calendar, etc. i had to search microsoft how to get the MS store back and then get the software back.

this SHOULD NOT happen if you do a factory restore of the image on the patition of the hard drive from HP. I never had this issue when i did a restore for a DELL, Toshiba and HP x360 laptop i had. sadly i cannot even just create the restore dvd's like before when i got the laptop.

MRTHUNDERSTORM

HP Recommended

hello again i just seen this on HPs site to do a cloud recovery. will this download all the original windows 10, drivers and all software HP installed originally at the factory? first time i ever seen this from HP

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

@MrThunderStorm

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06162205 for Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

hi thanks for the link. will let you know how it goes. just ordered a 64gb usb .... i take it that this will get the original version of windows that was installed before the 1903 version plus all the other software hp put on my laptop when i bought it.

HP Recommended

@MrThunderStorm

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi

Just to let you know with downloading the os recovery from HP Cloud onto my USB drive of 64gb . reinstalled it and the computer is working great now. sadly looks like 2 third party softwares HP installed are not in with it, but thats ok i will see about them later. thanks again for your help.

MRTHUNDERSTORM

HP Recommended

@MrThunderStorm

Happy to hear that. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.