Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy m6 1103 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought this laptop with win 8 then updated it to 8.1 then to 10 which it is currently running

when i bought the laptop it came with a recovery partition of around 23GB  this was encrypted with the hp recovery manager the system was feeling a little sluggish so i decided to reset the system 

it reseted to windows 10 rather than going to 8 but now all of hp software are missing and some of the software i downloaded from the support page doesnot run like hp utility manager thats ok but the hp recovery manager  i cant find it and  cant seem to find the software in hp website

the data is still in the recovery drive but i cant use it i have attached  the screenshots 

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (5).png

my question is this

1   can the hp recovery manager be installed manually 

2   if thats not possible then is it ok to remove the recovery partition will it affect future system resets

and there is a new folder in the recovery drive is it safe to delete it or should i keep it the recovery folder comes at only 330 MB

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Did you try to go to HP recovery console by tapping f11 key as you power on laptop.

1. No HP recovery manager and recovery partition comes from factory. You should've created HP recovery USB after first setup of this laptop.

This would only enable you to factory reset to Windows 8 64 bit.

On upgrading to Windows 8.1 or 10 for that matter would essentially corrupt HP Recovery partition and make it inoperable for any future factory resets.

2. You can definitely remove HP recovery partition. Usually you can do it from HP recovery manager. But since it is not present, use third party tools like this:
http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Your only way to factory reset this notebook is by ordering HP Recovery USB from HP directly for this model.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

Did you try to go to HP recovery console by tapping f11 key as you power on laptop.

1. No HP recovery manager and recovery partition comes from factory. You should've created HP recovery USB after first setup of this laptop.

This would only enable you to factory reset to Windows 8 64 bit.

On upgrading to Windows 8.1 or 10 for that matter would essentially corrupt HP Recovery partition and make it inoperable for any future factory resets.

2. You can definitely remove HP recovery partition. Usually you can do it from HP recovery manager. But since it is not present, use third party tools like this:
http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Your only way to factory reset this notebook is by ordering HP Recovery USB from HP directly for this model.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

what about the recovery folder in the recovery drive

HP Recommended

It is inoperable as you can see. So practically useless.

HP Recommended

ok thankyou for the help

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.