Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-db1000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking for somewhere i can reinstall HP recovery manager

i spent £50 on buying the recovery usb from HP

but it wont load as recovery manager is not on my computer,

can some please help me out 

many thanks martin 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Martin:

Unfortunately, the recovery manager software is not available for download.

I don't understand why the recovery media won't work.

It should not be asking for any additional software such as the recovery manager.

It is self-contained and should work by itself.

You plug the USB drive in the PC's USB port.

Turn on the PC...immediately press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that, select the USB recovery drive and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the recovery USB drive and you follow the on screen instructions.

If that fails to work, you can always clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP 15-db1000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

when i boot the sub it flashes a few times then just comes up with  the error

system not supported but its the one i brought  from hp   

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that happens from time to time, and you will have to contact HP in the UK and arrange for a refund.

Contact HP | HP® United Kingdom

Did you try making the bootable USB recovery drive using the free HP cloud recovery tool?

That is basically the same thing as the 50 quid recovery drive you purchased from HP.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

If you get the same error using that utility, then your only option would be the clean install of W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.