Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay108nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

I updated my bios to F.43 with "HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT" After completing the update Some troubles arose and I need to back to old version,

and thank for your Support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What "troubles" arose? 

Be very specific in describing the reason you feel you have to restore your notebook's BIOS.

There is a Firmware Management option in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility that should allow you to roll back the BIOS to the previous version.

Press the power button and immediately tap the Esc key. That should invoke the Startup menu. Press the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility. Now click on Firmware Management. Plug in the power adapter if you have not already done that.

Click on the BIOS Rollback button. If there is a BIOS image available you will be able to return the notebook's BIOS to the previous version.

Otherwise, you can download an available version from your notebook's suport portal and put it on a USB flash drive along with its accompanying signature file in the same directory.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What "troubles" arose? 

Be very specific in describing the reason you feel you have to restore your notebook's BIOS.

There is a Firmware Management option in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility that should allow you to roll back the BIOS to the previous version.

Press the power button and immediately tap the Esc key. That should invoke the Startup menu. Press the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility. Now click on Firmware Management. Plug in the power adapter if you have not already done that.

Click on the BIOS Rollback button. If there is a BIOS image available you will be able to return the notebook's BIOS to the previous version.

Otherwise, you can download an available version from your notebook's suport portal and put it on a USB flash drive along with its accompanying signature file in the same directory.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank you for the reply,

the troubles is:
1-When the charging current is connected to the laptop, the shipping light lights up the red balloon, then seconds turn to white and the laptop stops charging and then seconds back in red and This process continues all the time.

2-When I play a game or browse, the laptop suddenly turns off when the charging rate reaches 30 or less.

how I can download bios img ? I can download only (.exe)

HP Recommended

Download the BIOS softpaq.

Download and install 7Zip.

Right-click the BIOS softpaq and extract it to a folder of the same name.

Look in the folder after the extraction to find the BIOS.bin and BIOS.sig files with the same name .

They are what needs to be put in the same folder at the root of a USB flash drive.

Once you have done that you can plug the USB flash drive that has the file into a port on your notebook.

Invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics -->Firmware Management-->BIOS Rollback again and this time path to the USB flash drive where the BIOS files are located and follow the prompts.

Is your notebook still in warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi Provost,

thank for the reply,

No The warranty is over,

Can I install BIOS without Flash?

HP Recommended

Any BIOS installation requires a flash of a ROM file into the BIOS EEPROM chip, if that is what you are asking about.

It has nothing to do with Adobe Flash Player, if that was what you meant by flash.

HP Recommended
Thank you, Just I have a last question if this does not bother you, When I made the update before the problems appeared and during the installation the line of talk reached 100% and the system was reboot and when restart the screen did not work and no lights (only the fan) and I waited for this situation for about an hour and then I turned off the laptop (by pressing the power button) then I run the laptop and the update was completed, Does this cause problems?(trun off the labtop) Thank you for your support.
HP Recommended

@samer69255 wrote:
Thank you, Just I have a last question if this does not bother you, When I made the update before the problems appeared and during the installation the line of talk reached 100% and the system was reboot and when restart the screen did not work and no lights (only the fan) and I waited for this situation for about an hour and then I turned off the laptop (by pressing the power button) then I run the laptop and the update was completed, Does this cause problems?(trun off the labtop) Thank you for your support.

No worries.

Your description of what happened sounds like a problematic update. A hard shutdown was the only thing that you really could do. You certainly excercised some patience.

Personally, I would have tried the Windows key + B key to attempt to rollback the update. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.