Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

My computer says hard disk iscrashing. i totally rebooted. still the same   says go to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

108 REPLIES 108
HP Recommended

Hello @Revenge74,

Unfortunately, this is the sign of a failing hard drive.

To confirm this, test the hardware in the HP UEFI Diagnostics:

1. Repeatedly press Esc upon startup
  2. Select F2 (System Diagnostics)
  3. Select the desired language
  4. Navigate to component tests
  5. Select Hard drive

If these the test fails, this confirms the hard drive failure. If you are under warranty, contact HP:

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

Otherwise, if the test fails and you are out of warranty, let us know if you are interested in a hard drive replacement by posting your computer's model/product number. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum)

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

As mentioned above, the recommended solution is to refer to  To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

during startup, i got this Smart Hard Disk Error

HP Recommended

When starting up my computer an error message says "hard disk 2 error" f2 for system diagnosis. Ive ran every test from quick test to extremely long test, system to individual components (even let it loop all night a couple times) and all tests ended as "Passed". I then go to f2>exit>"are you sure">yes and it reboots correctly with no problems until next startup when I go through the same process to start windows.

HP Recommended

I got the message on an all black screen that states: SMART Hard Drive Error

The SMART Hard Disk check has detected an imminent failure. I’ve ran just about every test there is and it’s came back as failure! 

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks- A desperate and struggling College student:)

HP Recommended

I need help fix my computer and it keep turn on and off and it said installing 

HP Recommended

The system has detected that a cooing fan is not operating correctly.system to shut down in 15 seconds.

HP Recommended

I too have same problem and Cannot turn on computer 

HP Recommended

I have windows 10 on a HP notebook/laptop, it is at the moment stuck in a automatic start up repair loop.  I have checked the hard drive for any errors (none found) it passed, every test done but no good it's still in this loop, any help available?

HP Recommended

@chris611 Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, if all hardware tests have passed, this is most likely a software failure, you may want to reset windows using the steps mentioned here.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.