Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
stream 11-r01na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My father got this laptop less than a year ago and the storage was full so he askd me to reset it back to basically new so i was doing the factory data reset but when it came to 54% done it decided it was a good time to stop working now it i cant get it to start up again.

I have it back to the boot screen i have tried to re do the reset but again at 54% it gives up and i have tried just restoring it to the back up but still nothing also between each try i get that endless hp loop where it turns off and on to the hp screen for a few seconds and have to use the delete and off button to be able to use the f11 to get to the boot menu.

Ok so that was a bit long winded but does anyone know how i can get this to work??i dont have a recovery disk/usb is there any way i can download the OS and put it back on the laptop with one of my own usbs? free hopefully

THANKS IN ADVANCE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Yes you can 🙂
You can download Windows 10 (x64) free of cost from Microsoft.com and install it on your notebook 🙂

I want you to make sure that you download Windows 10 (x64) single language if you upgraded to windows 10 free during offer period. Downloading same edition will prevent Windows activation errors.

Download Windows 10 from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Yes you can 🙂
You can download Windows 10 (x64) free of cost from Microsoft.com and install it on your notebook 🙂

I want you to make sure that you download Windows 10 (x64) single language if you upgraded to windows 10 free during offer period. Downloading same edition will prevent Windows activation errors.

Download Windows 10 from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.