Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G7 notebook pc

Hi everyone, i hope i can have some help here as i am at the end of my tether! I purchased a Hp 255 G7 laptop in November to use for typing up letters and also a bit of gaming (the only game i play is sims 2!). after doing a bit f research, sadly not as much as i should have, i found this laptop on the currys website. the picture showed a disc drive. when the laptop was delivered, it was the correct laptop, but didnt come with the disc drive in the laptop. i then purchased a seperate disc drive, direct from the HP website. i set up my microsoft word etc no problem using it. then i went to set up my sims and it comes up with a message "blocked by system administrator." i have tried looking through forums, going through the settings myself, looking through the firewall, try to edit administrator (me) but i am not getting anywhere and i am worried i am going to do some serious damage if i keep doing this. please please can someone help? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wenny99 

I don't do gaming, but since no one else has responded, my approach to this (if the game comes on a single disk) is to create a directory on your drive, copy the contents of that disk to that directory.

Then open that directory in file manager and look for some kind of setup file.  Right-click that and select Run as Administrator, provide the password, and the game should then install.

If that does not work, then contact the support forum for the game vendor -- as they should be able to tell you how to install the game from your hard drive.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.