Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
214a7es#abv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

help me i download my recovery from hp recovery cloud  with my product is 214a7es#abv 

but a massege this pc is not support with recovery media 

help help 

thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your notebook, it comes with FreeDOS, not Windows 10.

Laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook-AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 1TB + 120GB SSD M.2| GTS - Amman Jordan

The cloud recovery tool only works on PC's that came with W10 from HP because the product key is in the BIOS of the motherboard.

When you buy a PC that comes with FreeDOS, you have to supply your own W10 operating system and license/product key.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your notebook, it comes with FreeDOS, not Windows 10.

Laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook-AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 1TB + 120GB SSD M.2| GTS - Amman Jordan

The cloud recovery tool only works on PC's that came with W10 from HP because the product key is in the BIOS of the motherboard.

When you buy a PC that comes with FreeDOS, you have to supply your own W10 operating system and license/product key.

HP Recommended

if i download windows 10 original with product key for the windows 

the cloud recovery will work with my system

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, not.

In order to use the cloud recovery tool, you will be required to enter your notebook's product number in an input window, and you will get a not supported error.

You will need to use the media creation tool to make a bootable W10  64 bit installation flash drive.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP 255 G7 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

You won't be losing out on much. 

You will be able to get almost all of the software that was included in the HP W10 image except McAfee on the support page.

My 255 G7 was supported by the tool and I uninstalled McAfee anyway since it was just for a 30 day trial.

HP Recommended

why  cannot  show the software driver when i

enter your serial number 

HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience.

i wait but nothing show 

pls help me 

and   

this pc is not supported by system recovery media 

how can fix this 

help help

HP Recommended

Hi:

I already gave you the link to the support and driver page above.

It is the same for every 255 G7 regardless of the serial number.

I have also already explained to you why you get the 'this pc is not supported by system recovery media,' error.

The cloud recovery tool only works on HP 255 G7 notebooks that came with W10 preinstalled from the factory and have a W10 product key in the BIOS.

Your notebook did not come with W10 preinstalled from the factory and there is no W10 product key in the BIOS, since it came with FreeDOS.

It is impossible for you to use the cloud recovery tool media on your PC.

I could use it on mine, because it did come with W10 from HP and has a W10 product key in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

hii 

i bought windows 10 pro and i install the windows 10 with product key

and my windows is activate now

in the cmd command i right 

wmic path softwareLicensingServise get OA3xOriginalProductKey.

answer : OA3xOriginalProductKey.     just

dont get me my ProductKey in bios

how to add my product key in bios 

how to update bios and add product key in bios and install recovery cloud  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.