Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I try to update windows 10 home to a PRO  version.. normaly is not new install nesecary 

See a lot of Tricks only

But nothing works..

Thx for helping me

Rog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

try with a fresh Home Key and Fresh PRO Key...

now works fine..

thanky you a@ all for helping me

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I Try Insert a new fresh Windows 10 Home Licence and then Try to update.. with the special Key for update to PRO

is not possible to update... 

I try this on other machine.. not this notebokk no problem...

HP Recommended

Hi,

When I reinstall the operating system Windows 10 Home, the PC starts to work fine.

Good answer.

What are your reasons for trying to upgrade?

From: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/what-are-the-edition...

Windows 10 Pro adds:

- Domain Join Services
- BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Remote Access Services
- Group Policy editor
- Windows Update for Business

Windows 10 Enterprise adds:

- Long Term Servicing Branch
- Device Guard - help protect against the ever-growing range of modern security threats targeted at devices, identities, applications and sensitive company information

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi Rog,

Usually you can go into Settings > Update and Security > Activation and click on change product key. Now insert the Winodws pro product key and it should automatically upgrade to Pro version. You have probably tried this?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hello

first - BitLocker Drive Encryption

im a IT Technical Guy and I like to work with - Remote Access Services etc....

and I dont lIke to reinstall.. Machine works perfect.. I Buy it to day..

Insert this key  „VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" this key updatet to a PRO Version and then Insert the new Pro key..

But is  not working

HP Recommended

If you insert your new product key directly in Windows Home without using the generic "upgrade key" what happens?

David

HP Recommended

try with a fresh Home Key and Fresh PRO Key...

now works fine..

thanky you a@ all for helping me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.