Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6-6148nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I just installed win7, 32-bit and my biometric scanner isn't working (validity sensor not enrolled) is the feedback i always get. I have tried every means but still not working. Its Hp Pavilion dv6-6148 nr Entertainment PC. I need help to fix it. Please help me fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the fingerprint sensor driver and security software?

This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security applications.

File name: sp56169.exe

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

File name: sp61399.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the fingerprint sensor driver and security software?

This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security applications.

File name: sp56169.exe

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

File name: sp61399.exe

HP Recommended

it wasn't a solution. It was just perfect. Its awesome...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Same issue... except that solution doesn't work for me. It actually tells me I have drivers that are a newer version than that installed. Same validity sensor in device manager. Installed that software already, but seems to be a newer ver. Won't let me install it anyway, just to see if it'll work.

HP Recommended

Updated my laptop (HP Pavilion dv7 6050-ea) from Windows 7 (Win7) to Windows 10 (Win10) Home.

The fingerprint sensor continued to worked fine for a few weeks then stopped.  The Device status was:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
  The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Installing the mentioned driver (sp56169.exe) fixed the problem.

The driver was updated from 4.3.205.0 (2011-05-18) to 4.3.216.0 (20111-08-23).

The udpated driver was not available via windows update at time of writing.

HP Recommended

Hi, I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to WIndows 10, my Fingerprint reader stopped working, I've tried everything, Updated the BIOS, Installed and uninstalled a bunch of drivers, updated the SimplePass software to it's latest version, downloaded Driver Booster to check on any new driver that i couldnt find, even disarmed my laptop to check if that way it may work but nothing, The device status says that everything's ok and it's working properly but it isnt, can i have some help please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.