Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I installed Widows 10 last night on my HP 15 Notebook and have had several issues. Most I have been able to resolve. I have noticed now that my laptop will not wake from sleep mode. I am having to power it down competely if it is in sleep mode. I have made sure that the keyboard is set to wake it and it is still not responding.

Any hints as how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have an Envy x360, and Mingy's solution worked for me as well!

Here are the steps to follow...

- On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties

- On the left, choose Device Manager

- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category

- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Update Driver Software...

- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software

- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver

- After the installation is complete, restart your computer

I'm now able to successfully shut down, sleep, and resume from sleep!

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
HP Recommended

Why don't you try resetting the laptop first by removing everything that's connected to it including battery then press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds with nothing connected to it, afterwards plugin just the power adapter alone (leave the battery out of your laptop still) then boot to BIOS (F10 right after pressing power) then reset it to default by pressing F9 inside BIOS then hit ENTER because "yes" option is selected by default then hit F10 one more time and click on ENTER again and let your laptop restart itself..

Hope this helps 😉

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the Windows 10 OS is so new that there are no updates for your notebook and Windows 10.  

Check at the Intel or AMD  website to see if there are appropriate updates for your chipset. YOu can download and use CPU-Zto see which chipset is installed in your notebook's systemboard.

You might find it best to revert back to your previous OS until updates appear in the web support download section for your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Getting same issue my Split x2 sleeps it wont wake up have to hold down power button.

Also when it shuts down it wont fully shutdown screen goes off but Wifi light on keybord stays on again have to hold power button down.

Not good HP not good.

As for saying its a new OS come on HP are the manufacturers it must have come up lots of reports of this.

HP Recommended

Same exact issue on my HP Envy x360 since upgrading to Windows 10...  Can't sleep or shut down.  The screen goes out but the power remains on.  My only option is to hold the power button to force it to turn off.  Never a problem in Windows 8 or 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10.

Please fix!

HP Recommended

ah glad its not just me on shut down no one else was saying the same, well not glad but you know! 🙂

FIX HP !!!

HP Recommended

@horizon-uk wrote:

ah glad its not just me on shut down no one else was saying the same, well not glad but you know! 🙂

FIX HP !!!

Start your own thread instead of hijacking this one. Each notebook is different. Yours is not the same as that of the original author of this thread. Notebook PCs do not al have the same CPU, graphics adapters or chipsets. That is why Windows 10 or any other operating system may not work exactly as expected. 

Go to the support website of the manufacturer of the chipset that is installed in your notebook to see if there are updates available.

The best way to get help is by helping  yourself instead of expecting it to handed to you.

Two complaints of an issue given the vast number (millions!) of notebooks that have upgraded to Windows 10 without issue is in reality not enough basis to push for any changes to date.

Set the Windows 10 update in your OS to automatic.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
It's not two complaints... It's hundreds spread across this and other forums regarding numerous HP laptop models with the identical failure to sleep/shut down issue since upgrading to Windows 10.

There are no updates available for my chipset or graphics card; I confirmed that before posting.
HP Recommended

I had exactly this problem with my HP Notebook - 15-f133ca.

I spent some time looking for a solution, eventually I found a suggestion to update the graphics driver (why this should affect sleep mode is beyond me).

I did and the problem went away.

For what it is worth, my Notebook has Intel HD graphics.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I will try updating my driver (mine has an Intel as well). I will update here when I am done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.