Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It said there were no drives for my product. Guess that's not going to help 😞

HP Recommended

Weird. Did you do it through the device manager on Windows? That's what I did:

Device Manager -> Display adapters -> right click on Intel HD Graphics Adapter, Update Driver Software.

It took a fair bit of time to download the driver version 10.18.15.4256 (July 17, 2015).

I thought it odd the HP updater didn't do it for me ...

HP Recommended

I have that driver installed and it's still not waking :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Oh, well. Sorry. It did work for me, so hopefully it'll work for other people.

HP Recommended

Mine was 10.18.15.4256 as well but i downloaded it again off Intels site same version 10.18.15.4256 and reinstalled and its sorta fixed well if it goes to sleep automatically it WON'T come back on but if i press the power button myself (its set to sleep) or select sleep from Start it will and it seems to be shutting down fully now as well.

Half a fix maybe.

HP Recommended

I have an Envy x360, and Mingy's solution worked for me as well!

Here are the steps to follow...

- On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties

- On the left, choose Device Manager

- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category

- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Update Driver Software...

- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software

- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver

- After the installation is complete, restart your computer

I'm now able to successfully shut down, sleep, and resume from sleep!

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

HP Recommended

Restarting is a very important step apparently! Everything is working correctly now!!

HP Recommended

Doh! I forgot to mention that!

I have noticed the behaivor is different if I use the power button vs. just closing the lid

HP Recommended

The display adaptor update seemed to have helped, but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue periodically.

The HP Control Zone mouse settings also still will not save across sessions.

HP Recommended

^^^

I've been having this problem as well.

I have a HP Pavilion with Iris graphics, bought in December and having the issues mentioned here and it is so frustrating.

I left my update to windows 10 to go through and went back to it a bit later and when I did it was doing the blank screen thing with the power button on, but no response when clicking or trying to turn it on, so had to do a hard reset with the power button.

Ever since then it has been a nightmare. I updated the Iris graphics through display device settings and it allowed me to send the comp to sleep once but still seem to be having these issues, also as mentioned above, my touchpad settings (synaptics) are also never remembered when turning the laptop on, so I have to turn off pinch-zoom and stuff every single time.

Just in general it feels sluggish. The internet browsers haven't been running well at all, the search function on the bottom is veeeery slow and lags, and obviously my issues with having to hard reset constantly and re-do mouse settings. I am so disappointed.

PLEASE can someone help me fix this. 😞

Also I have tried rolling back to windows 8, as horrible as 8 was, but as I used ccleaner to remove clutter and registry errors etc. in hopes of boosting my pc it says the option is now not available, probably because of that

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.