Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have two Pavillion 23 all-in-ones. One seems just fine after the Windows 10 upgrade, the other has the sleep problem of not quite turning off but blank screen and generally having to lean on the power switch to get any action - restarting. Also noticed that the HP Support Assistant disappeared from the task bar but can be found in the Apps area...

Looks as if most folk above are using a laptop - any ideas about an all-in-one? This is a work machine and I'm spending more time kicking it back in gear than actually using it.. driving me nuts.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my HP Split 13 x 2. I have an extended warranty and HP support was totally useless. I was told supporting the Windows 10 upgrade was beyond the scope of their support personnel. I was also told to either contact Microsoft (1-800-642-7676) or contact HP SmartFriend technicians, a fee based service at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/consumerservices/smartfriend.html I shouldn't have to pay HP to resolve this issue. I wouldn't have upgraded so soon after the rollout of Windows 10 - except according to HP's website my laptop is compatible and they were promoting it so much. They are currently selling new laptops and ciomputers with Windows 10 - which I assume they are supporting.  I am so discouraged!!

Finally fixed 10/15/2015

Thank heavens! I followed DanG82's solution instructions, downloading and installing the older version of the MEI driver, removing version 11.0.0.1146 , and installing version 9.5.14.1724 Rev 9/11/15 - on my HPSplit 13t-m100 cto x2 hybrid laptop/tablet - and I can  shutdown my computer properly again.

I am so disappointed with HP and Microsoft. I called HP and they won't provide any support for the Windows 10 upgrade (sonething they should have revealed in all their emails promoting the upgrade) - even though I paid extra for a 3 year extended warranty - that doesn't expire until December 2016.

And after almost 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft - they provided only a partial fix - I could shutdown if I accessed only one application on my computer, and then shut down. If I multi-tasked - it wouldn't fully shut down.

Again thank you to DanG32 and everyone who worked to find a fix - and then shared it with people like me who have limited computer knowledge.

HP Recommended

I thought this was a support blog - not one where people seeking help are chastised.

I contacted HP and they are offering NO SUPPORT for this problem. I was told it is beyond the scope of their training. HP promoted the upgrade and it's website said my HP Split 13 x 2 was compatible. When that turned out to be false - HP Support told me to call Microsoft (1-800-642-7676) or use HP's fee based Smartfriend Service.

This is unacceptable support - period.

HP Recommended
notebook y510p
same problem "can't out from sleep mode" after upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10
my solution.
at first I've check my profile - local administrator.
in cmd "run with administrator rights" check what devices can back system from sleep mode:

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

and I saw NONE!!
after that I try set up keyboard as device with wake rights:

powercfg -deviceenablewake "device name"
and saw that I'm haven't rights to do this!!

solution for me. login with Microsoft login and after that after command:
I saw keyboard and mouse.
HP Recommended

This solution should work for you until a newer MEI driver is released.

HP Recommended
for me solution was create new administrator profile. in my case, I create and login with Microsoft login, after that command:

show me two device: keyboard and mouse
problem is gone. my laptop normally wake up after sleep mode.
HP Recommended

What does it matter to start his own thread when the issue is across the board on HP laptops. I have a 17 inch HP Envy and I am having the same issues.  This is definetly not a good look for a company that is supposed to be one of the best on the market. [Content Removed]

HP Recommended

I did not attack anyone and I was not rude.

This thread was started a very short time after Windows 10 became available to the public.

There is no one thread fits all here in the forum. Some notebooks have Intel chipsets and others have AMD chipsets. Some notebooks have system on a chip graphics and others have switchable graphics. That is what makes notebooks unique and why there is no "one solution fits all" to this trending issue with Intel graphics and Windows 10.

It is always best to start your own thread or watch as one developes and try the solutions that are presented to see if they work for you.

Try the troubleshooting  in the following HP web document

Windows 10 Sleep and hibernate issue

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and it is now solved!

I had this same problem on two PC's after upgrading to windows 10.  One a desktop, and the other a Laptop.  On the desktop, if I press the sleep button, the computer would act funky and just shut off or it would shut off when I tried to bring it out of sleep, and then i would have to restart it.  On the laptop, it would do as others had described - close the lid, power light stays on, have to press and hold the power button to shut the system down and then restart it.

Yesterday I bought a new laptop, an Envy 360.  No problems with it.  Sleep worked great.  Then I started setting it up like my other two computers with apps, and I discovered that after installing Google Drive my new laptop exibhited the same problem as my other two computers!

So I uninstalled Google drive on all three of my computers.  The sleep issue is GONE on all three computers, problem solved.  I didn't care so much for google drive on my PC's anyway.  The browser interface is better.

JimmyD

HP Recommended

I spoke to Microsoft today. They took control of the screen and switched off the hibernating onmy HP Pavilion 15. Sleep has been fine since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.