Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Other

I've upgraded to Windows 10 now my Wifi wont work.

I've updated the Wifi driver and still no luck, keep getting an error saying Can't connect to this network.

My laptop is a 

HP Pavilion 15-p261na 15.6" Laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ignore rebooted router and now working ok

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Ignore rebooted router and now working ok

HP Recommended

Sorry I have the same problem, but i don't get the solution "ignore rebooted router"? I don't understand that, could you explain a little bit please?

HP Recommended

I restarted my router and its now working all ok

HP Recommended

Oh...

That is not my case unfortunaly. It's something with the drivers of the network adapter I believe.

Thanks anyway!

HP Recommended

I upgraded my Pavilion DV6 to windows 10 while connected via Ethernet cable for speed.

All went Ok appart from the fact that I cold not switch the WiFi on via the F12 button (with or without the Fn button or the Ethernet cable connected or not). It just turned the 'Airplane Mode' on / off.

I even created a media disk and did a clean install, no difference.

I eventually solved the problem by starting the laptop using the 'Web browser button' to the right of the power button, one of the options was to turn on /off the Wifi, it worked and still works when booting normally.

Hope this helps someone wiith same problem. 

HP Recommended
How you started your laptop using 'web browser button' .
Would you please explain that.
HP Recommended

Did you get your problem resolved.  If not, have you tried the following:

Go to services.msc

Double Click "WLAN Auto Config"

Set to Automatic

Click Apply

Click Start

Click OK

Close "Services" window

HP Recommended

Did you get your problem resolved.  If not, have you tried the following:

Go to services.msc

Double Click "WLAN Auto Config"

Set to Automatic

Click Apply

Click Start

Click OK

Close "Services" window

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.