Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp g62 340us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

windows 7 home premium oa x16-96072

I had a new hard drive put in and new memory and now i need to know how i can put the original os back on the new hard drive

The old one couldnt be save to get it from there,  i dont have the recovery disks either.

Is there a place i can get a copy?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Download the HP Cloud Recovery utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4308428/document/c0...

Once you have the Recovery flash drive created you can boot to it and reinstall Window 7.

I found that link to the HP Cloud Recovery utility on the support portal for your notebook at the link below this line.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4308428/troubleshoo...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @snowbrian55555 

Your PC is not supported by the HP cloud recovery tool, since it was manufactured well before 2016.

If you don't have the original disk, or if it was damaged which is why you replaced it, or you would prefer to reinstall W7 on the new drive, you have two options...

1.  Order W7 recovery media from this vendor at the link below.

Computer Surgeons - Windows 7 64B Recovery Kit 629985-001 For HP Notebook PC Model Number G62-340US

2. If you can read all 25 characters of the W7 Home Premium product key on your notebook's case, make your own plain W7 64 bit installation media.

Download the W7 Home Premium 64 bit ISO file from the link below, toward the bottom of the page.

Windows 7 Home Premium Free Download ISO 32 Bit 64 Bit (getintopc.com)

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use a different utility for this purpose such as Rufus.

After W7 has completed installing you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP G62-340US Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.