Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased my computer back in 2011 at Bestbuy. The factory settings in this computer had various HP applications, such as HP Recovery manager, etc.

Recently, last week my computer was attacked by malware and therefore, I had to restore my computer using the HP Recovery Manager (Rebecca.exe). During this time, windows had been offering to updgrade to Windows 10. My computer was compatible, and therefore, I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately, Windows 10 did not function too well with my computer, and therefore, I contacted Windows Support team. They reinstalled Windows 10 into my machine and deleted the function to go back to Windows 7.

Windows 10 support team was unable to fix the issues in my computer. I then asked them to downgrade back to windows 7. With them downgrading to Windows 7, I had to obtain all the Drivers to make my computer function again. However, I do not have the Original HP settings and Applications my computer had when I first purchased the computer.

Is there a way to install all of HP settings and Apps? I have tried to install HP Recovery Manager, however, when I do, it states 'Softpaq does not apply to the system, no HP Manager installed.' 

Please help! My computer is working slow. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ramirez_adolfo

The best way to get your PC working again in Win7 is to do a factory restore using the HP Recovery Media.

This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

This is the HP product page for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie...

Down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Be sure to read through the material in the linked thread BEFORE you attempt the recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707939

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

ramirez_adolfo

The best way to get your PC working again in Win7 is to do a factory restore using the HP Recovery Media.

This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

This is the HP product page for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie...

Down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Be sure to read through the material in the linked thread BEFORE you attempt the recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707939

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.