Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-db0036ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm getting crazy sincel last  March/April because I cannot  update windows 10 to the version 20H2 , and of course not even the latest one 21H1, it seems there is a driver error and the hystory reports failed installation for :

1) Realtek semiconductor Corp- Media 6.0.9132.1

2) Advanced Mirco Device, inc- System 1.2.0.46

I could install the 2nd  one directly from the manufacturer with the radeon installing tool, so that one is solved.For the 1st one I do not know where to get it, the HP assistant update does not update it and can't find it in the realtek website.

After many updates failures I'm not able now ,to reset the PC or fresh start the PC, even the Microsoft Support, which connected remotely could not solve, they actuallt created more problems I believe they were not understanding the real issue.

I already tried clean boot , uninstalled my antivirus ( bitdefender ) with their uninstalling tool so it was removed completely before doing the updates, i tried to install updates even with windows assistant and  with Media Creation tool, the result is always the same.When I run an Operating system diagnostic with HP tool for the operating system, it does not report  the windows update feedback, I'm posponing the updates otherwise the pc is not working.

I made all tests suggested on the microsoft webpages and it seems there are not corrupted files or something similar, I believe in the past some updates did not update correctly and now things cannot of course being updated correctly as well.

Myself and also Microsoft Support tried to install the update from a usb drive created with create media tool  but also in this case the final message is that the installation could not being  performed.

Can someone, please  help me out with this issue?The error code is  : xC1900101 - 0x20017 which should be a driver issue.

Thanks in advance and take care

windows update error .png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to update the BIOS of the machine.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-db0000-laptop-pc/20395843/model/228...

if you read under Fixes:

"- Provides support for Windows 10 v20h2. "

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to update the BIOS of the machine.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-db0000-laptop-pc/20395843/model/228...

if you read under Fixes:

"- Provides support for Windows 10 v20h2. "

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David, thanks a million, I tried your solution and it worked,  after 7 hours I have now the latest version 21h1!!!!

I was thinking it was a  Bios failure but the HP assistant was always saying I had all the latest updates including the one for the BIOS.Right now the laptop looks a bit slower but I'm sure it will be better after a while.

Thanks again , really, it's the end of the nightmare!

All the best and stay safe

Cheers

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Try going into settings and completely updating the notebook, probably make it faster again.

You should also consider upgrading the HDD to a 2.5" SATA3 SSD which would give a good boost in performance.

Take care,

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sXlRZxPRY

HP Recommended

Yes David, I actually finished to update the notebook and things are better, will defintely follow also your advice for the HDD, this is a backup laptop but  needs to be upgraded a bit, as well

Cheers, take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.