Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Does your notebook have an Intel processor?

if it does, I do have some storage controller drivers I can attach,

HP Recommended

9m going to try a drivers disk from hp and see if that works, i can only try.

HP Recommended

yes intel I-3 old 1 , 2011 ish

HP Recommended

pls do it cant hurt now lol

HP Recommended

OK, so if it is looking for a storage controller driver, I have zipped up and attached the W7 64 bit storage controller drivers you need below.

Unzip the file to its folder and copy just the file contents in the folder to a USB flash drive.

With the flash drive and the W7 installation media in the PC, boot from the installation media.

When you are asked to install a driver, at this screen shot below, select the Load Driver option at the bottom left side of the picture.

If you check the box when the drivers show up on the screen, it should only include the compatible driver.

HP Recommended

i think that work , so far . it need intel drivers

HP Recommended

so far so good. is has continued.

HP Recommended

That is good news.

W7 should install completely if it got past that issue.

HP Recommended

yes, it has gone to windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.