Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I’m looking for a SD reader so I can transfer photos from my camera to my HP chrombook model 11A-NB0000NA 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a microSD media card reader, so it already has one built in.

HP Chromebook - 11a-nb0000na Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Chapter 2, page 3 of the service manual has the location of the SD card reader slot.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a microSD media card reader, so it already has one built in.

HP Chromebook - 11a-nb0000na Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Chapter 2, page 3 of the service manual has the location of the SD card reader slot.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Thankyou so much, I’m really not technically minded at all, Could I ask then, how do I download my photos from my camera onto this chrome book, any help much appreciated. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You probably have a couple of options:

1.  If your digital camera uses a 'regular sized' SD card such as this...

SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC Memory Card, Up to 120 MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, V10 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers ...

You can use a USB cable from your camera to transfer the pictures stored on the camera's SD card to the PC.

2. You can use a micro-SD card in your camera with the usual adapter they come with such as this...You can use this in your camera and then when you want to transfer pictures to your PC, you can remove the micro SD card from the adapter, and plug it right into your notebook's micro SD card slot.

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 120 MB/s, Class...

Bear in mind that your notebook only has a 32 GB drive so there is not much room for storage.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for help, very much appreciated 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.