Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY M6-P114DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my friend purchased a HP ENVY M6 Laptop and screwed up the recovery process which also screwed up the recovery partition of the laptop. Well when this happened we tried to find ways to repair this but was unsuccessful and ended up completely formatting the laptops hdd and clean installing windows. Well we are missing a few drivers to the machine.  There were three but i was able to get one installed on the computer and now there are only two missing.  After googling the Hardware ID it comes out to be a device called AMD UART Driver and that is included in the AMD Chipset driver for his computer.  Well everytime i come across a forum with a Download link the link is no longer valid and AMD recently changed their website and i have been unable to locate chipset drivers for any AMD Processor or chipset.  Can someone please help me out with obtaining these so i can get those drivers installed on his computer?

Please remember to select the answer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Dudefoxlive

Here is the link to the chipset drivers you need.   On some of those off the wall devices, you may have to manually install the drivers.

Scroll down the page and select the W10 x64 drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-9-series-chipsets/990fx

What I recommend you do is this...download and save, but do not run the file.

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the AMD chipset driver file you saved.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Then open the file folder and run the setup application.  

Restart the PC after the chipset driver installation is has completed.

Now, if any devices are remaining that need drivers, you can easily manually install them by clicking on the device that needs the driver, click on the driver tab, click on update driver, select the browse my computer for driver software option, browse to the chipset driver folder that 7-Zip created, make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Repeat this process for each device and when you are finished, restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The chipset drivers are located in the graphics driver software.  Use the following link to download the driver. Click on it to install the drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74367.exe

AMD has included them in the graphics software for a few years now, unlike the Intel platform in which the drivers are available seperately.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @Dudefoxlive

Here is the link to the chipset drivers you need.   On some of those off the wall devices, you may have to manually install the drivers.

Scroll down the page and select the W10 x64 drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-9-series-chipsets/990fx

What I recommend you do is this...download and save, but do not run the file.

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the AMD chipset driver file you saved.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Then open the file folder and run the setup application.  

Restart the PC after the chipset driver installation is has completed.

Now, if any devices are remaining that need drivers, you can easily manually install them by clicking on the device that needs the driver, click on the driver tab, click on update driver, select the browse my computer for driver software option, browse to the chipset driver folder that 7-Zip created, make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Repeat this process for each device and when you are finished, restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I noticed that but he downloaded the Latest graphics drivers from AMD website directly as the ones on HPs drivers site is out of date and he wants the LATEST. I tried extracting just the chipset .msi but either the installer has some other way of installing them or I don't know. either way could i extract these and use these or use the drivers Paul provided?

Also a little off topic but i have been using these forums for a while but never figured out how to mention people like how paul mentioned me.  Could you tell me how to do it?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Just follow the instructions I posted to install the latest chipset drivers from AMD.

I just did it myself, so I know it will work that way.

You have to be at a certain forum level to use the @ mention utility.

I don't know what level though.

Maybe a level 12 or higher.

HP Recommended

Ok understandable as you don't want people mention randoms willy nilly. But when i get the chance I will give it a go and let you know how it works out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.