Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-G133CY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have an HP Pavilion 17-G133CY laptop and i am planning to put an SSD in it for a little while and installing Windows 7 on it for fun.  I know that HP does not provide drivers for Windows 7 and i can just extract the files from the Windows 10 Driver files and should be able to install them on Windows 7.  I am able to get most of the drivers for Windows 7 but one driver is missing and i think i know why.  USB 3.0 Driver is not for download and i think that is because when Windows 10 was released USB 3.0 was implimented on more computers that it was when Windows 7 was out.  i am looking for the driver or hoping that when i install Windows 7 and run updates that it is able to get the USB 3.0 driver or i can download one that will work on Windows 7 and allow me to use all 3 of my USB ports.  I don't want to be stuck with 1 USB 2.0 Port nor USB 2.0 speeds.

Please remember to select the answer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

i will give it a try when i finally get around to getting my desktop reinstalled and getting my files off of the ssd.  has it in my main desktop for a while but the sata on my main desktop is only sata two and i dont think the preformance is much different between the hdd and the ssd.

HP Recommended

i have an update.  It WORKED!!  Thank You i have all 3 of my USB ports working on Windows 7 and the laptop is very fast with the SSD.

HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlive

Glad to hear it worked for you.

REO

HP Recommended

well everything was going well up until i got to the Wifi and Ethernet Drivers.  Nither the Wifi nor Ethernet Drivers will install and after looking at the Wifi Driver Folder it only had drivers for Windows 10.  after googling the wifi cards model i got an hp driver for the wifi card and it has Windows 7 Pro X64 on the supported list.  after trying to install it sadly to no avail.  the ethernet i dont know what to google for as there is no model. could you help me with that?

HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlive

Find the hardware ID's.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

Then you can post them here and we can help or you can search for them yourself.

REO

HP Recommended

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_149229_1&swEnvOid=415...

This link worked and installed the wifi driver.

thats the ethernet adapters information.

Ethernet Hardware ID.PNG

HP Recommended

Update!  Found the ethernet driver on another site but it give me an HP Driver file but at least it worked so that i can have all the drivers on my computer working perfectly. im gonna use windows 7 on my laptop for the next little while to see how it fairs against windows 10.  i will be going back to windows 10 and the HDD the laptop came with is 1TB and the SSD is 240GB.  Not enough to transfer me data over.

HP Recommended

to get all your correct drivers included the AMD USB 3.0 (except the BIOS Driver) you can use all of this HP Probook 455 g2 and get all working drivers for Windows 7 x64Bit from Home Premium all the way through Ultimate x64Bit...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.