Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to write my feedback for new gem cut HP spectre x360 13 notebook (late 2018 model). We received two same devices, but returned both of them to seller and luckily got money back. It's very beautiful, light and thin and I simply LOVE this new design! But great impression is gone, when notebook is turned on. It has terrible fan management, when it operates on AC. On battery it is very quite, but when plugged in, fan runs constantly and it is very loud (but notebook is cold, no need for so much aggressive cooling, don't understand such behaviour). Please don't advice silly tips as update bios, reset to defaults, disable turbo boost in power management, change to energy conservative power plan or set quiet profile in HP command centre and so on. Everything was tried, but when notebook is once plugged in to AC, fans goes mad. It can't be problem of one piece, because we had two and both of them acts the same. I want to ask HP, if there is plan to provide BIOS update, where fan management on AC will get option to acts really quiet as on battery? It's like Jekyll & Hyde comparing AC and battery mode. I don't think, that thermal management is bad designed, because on battery it runs quiet and no so hot and I tried to lower CPU performance to minimum on AC. I am very disappointed, but I like this model a lot and thinking to get another chance to it.

Another thing I want to mention is coil whine. Both of devices we got had it. First more audiable, second less, but it was there. I think, that in almost year 2019, on device for 1700 USD (price in our country for i7/16GiB/512GB configuration) it is unacceptable.

Thanks for reactions and sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@simitu
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Echo_Lake is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue.

It is such a nice and powerfull notebook, but the thermal management is more than horrible.

HP, any update on that? Even BIOS update F21 rev.A did not bring any improvements.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.