Did you mean: 
Bpilgram
Level 3
52 41 0 13
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AccelerometerST.exe error -- where can I find the latest version of 3D DriverGuard?

HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently installed Windows 10 Creators Update.  I recieved an error message

"AccelerometerST.exe system error.  VCRUNTIME140.dll not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix the problem."  Previously, I received an error that accelerometer.dll was not found, but after restarting the machine, the error message changed to identifying VCRUNTIME140.dll as missing.

I installed the latest BIOS (May 17, 2017), but that did not fix the problem.

I understand that this is a component of 3D DriveGuard.  I searched the forum and message from an HP support person who provided a link to a 3D DriveGuard driver, but it's not clear whether that version applies to my machine.   For my system (ENVY 17C-k300 c70  product # K4T90AV) the latest version of 3D DriveGuard on HP's drivers page appears to be ver 6.0.28.1 Rev A Jul 29, 2015, sp71811.exe.  Is this the latest version or is another version available?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,894 16,627
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AccelerometerST.exe error -- where can I find the latest version of 3D DriverGuard?

Hi,

The latest version of HP 3D DriveGuard you require for the Creators update can be found on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Bpilgram
Level 3
52 41 0 13
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, much!  That worked.

Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,894 16,627
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation