Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi:  

I am trying to help a family member fix up this laptop.

Have had it to two repair places to repair.  No fix for any of the issues-one  of unable to complete windows updates due to Bios needing updating so windows update won't  do Win10 ver 20H2 update.   Two service repairs outlets couldn;t fix this,, despite reinstalling the operating system.

The other is the Accelometer error on boot up .  Researching tells me that the Drive Guard software needs to be reinstalled.  I need to know the correct software download for this if anyone can help.

HP support assistant now doesn't work despite uninstalling and reinstalling.

If anyone can provide assistance it would be appreciated.

Th

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would only be able to recommend a driver for the 3D driveguard error...

See if this driver works.

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81885.exe 

The latest BIOS update for that model PC is F.54

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab188ca (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Paul:

Thanks for the information.

I will do the Drive Guard install this weekend.

Do you recommend installing the Bios update? 

To be honest I am apprehensive about do this, which is why I took the laptop to the repair outlets mentioned previously.

Thanks

Deb

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

BIOS updates always have risks, so if you don't want to risk wrecking your friend's PC, I would advise against it 

HP Recommended

Hi Again Paul

I have installed the Driveguard software  as you suggested.

And did not do the bios update.

The laptop is running well.  I am happy to return the laptop to my relative.  The only issue is I can't get the HP Support Assistant to run, despite uninstalling and reinstalling.  I don't think this is an issue as the laptop is off warranty.

Thanks again for your instructions and help!

Deb

HP Recommended

Anytime,Deb.

Glad to have been of assistance,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.