Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360 2 in 1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I purchased my HP Envy 360 2 in 1 I was told it has facial recognition.  I would like to use this feature however I don't not how to set it up/activate it.  How would I activate this feature?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @MariaS,

A specific model/product number would be appreciated. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum)

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

If you do have facial recognition available on your device, here's how to find it:

1. Open the Start Menu on the bottom left-hand corner and select Settings
  2. Navigate to Accounts
  3. Select Sign-in options
  4. You should see something like this:

It will say setup or somethingIt will say setup or something

I do believe that you need to have a different login option set up, such as a password or a pin.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  My 2 in 1 evidently has a problem with the Window Hello since it doesn't have face recognition button. Guess it's time to take another trip to the store.

HP Recommended
Hello,

Before taking it to the store, can you please post back with the model/product number? Instructions can be found in my previous post.

I need to confirm it does have facial recognition or provide drivers which may solve your issue.

Regards,
Eddy

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 360 2 in 1. I 've be unable to locate the product number.

HP Recommended
I'm sorry MariaS, but I'm sure you can find the product/model number of your computer using the several different methods mentioned in the HP Document above.

There are thousands of different kinds of Envy x360 models, unfortunately and Windows Hello availability varies.

Kind regards,
Eddy

HP Recommended

I found them on the box. Product number is 3VU72UA#ABA Model number is HP Envy x360M

HP Recommended

Hello @MariaS,

Apologizes for the late reply.

Technically, your laptop should have Windows Hello available because the laptop has IR sensors but the problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find any marketing material related to this. Furthermore, I can't seem to find any IR camera drivers for this device. Regardless, try the below steps and let me know how it goes:

First ensure that the latest Windows updates have been made:

1. Open Settings
  2. Navigate to Update and Security
  3. Navigate to Windows Update
  4. Check for the latest Windows updates
  5. Ensure no new updates are available - this may actually take a bit of time

Then try installing IR Camera drivers for my device. (Hopefully, they'll work):

HP IR Camera Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84157.exe

I'm honestly a bit doubtful about Windows Hello though.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  I will give this a try.

Maria

HP Recommended

hi i have same issue my laptop is hp envy x360 convertible 15-bp1xx i dont se the face sgin in it was working before and now i dont know why it stop working pleas help me out 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.