Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Specter x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the  HP 3 yr for all HP Laptops + LoJack and Accidental Damage Protection (Product number: U7C97A). 

I registered the Care Pack and received the email with all the legal stuff, but never any information on how to activate the Lojack portion or even if I need to activate it. Just want to be sure its on before my son heads out for college.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I agree with @Photoray002 .No way it is just installed and active. You will need an account setup at LoJack site to be able to track the laptop if the need ever arises. You should have received a License key for LoJack, maybe in an envelope in the papers.

If you have a dedicated phone number listed in your Care Pack materials they should be able to help if the number given above is no help.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello ArtieLee

You would do best to either contact HP Services 1-844-814-1800 (USA number/business hrs) or LoJack for activation information.

If you are in another part of the world, you will have to contact HP Support via this link...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

I agree with @Photoray002 .No way it is just installed and active. You will need an account setup at LoJack site to be able to track the laptop if the need ever arises. You should have received a License key for LoJack, maybe in an envelope in the papers.

If you have a dedicated phone number listed in your Care Pack materials they should be able to help if the number given above is no help.

HP Recommended

I was just being impatient. Lojack sent me an email with the registration code and instructions. Everything setup easily and activated. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Good to hear everything is setup. Best of luck to your son!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.