Did you mean: 
Pavillon23
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Administrator account name change

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought one HP Pavillon. I dont remember how I set up the administrator account but every time I start my laptop, it showed the whole email as administrator account above the PIN box. Please let me know how I can make it disappear or change the administrator name. I went to control panel but was not able to change it since it is an administrator account and there no change box in order to change it. PLease help.

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,967 7,285
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pavillon23 

See if this helps:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48111-hide-show-email-address-sign-screen-windows-10-a.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Pavillon23
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip but unfortunately it does not work even I followed exactly the procedure.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,967 7,285
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pavillon23 

The Name of the login account is what you SEE when you are logging in, but the actual system name is a random list of characters and letters that Windows hides from you.  So, you can not change the internal name of the account.

Also, to make ANY changes. you need to login using an account with admin rights.  If you removed that account and created a guest account then you have created an impossible situation to fix.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Pavillon23
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont want to change it but I just want it not to display when I sign it. Even it is OFF under Privacy but I dont know why it still shows. THank you for trying to help

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation